March 24, 2020
To our valued clients,
As we are all aware, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is significantly changing day by day within our community and it is also making us quickly adapt to continue to provide care to your pets to maintain the upmost safety to our staff and community alike.
We feel very fortunate to have been deemed an essential service by the government and are grateful to have the opportunity to continue to serve our clients and community. In light of this, Streetsville Animal Hospital remains OPEN but now with reduced hours and a “closed-door” policy. Please refer to our website for the change in hours. During this uncertain time, we are doing our best to amend our typical protocols while still providing you and your pet with the standard of care you are used to without the risk of contracting or facilitating the spread of COVID-19.
The biggest change that we will be implementing is as follows. To protect our clients and staff, we will no longer be permitting clients inside of our clinic. Instead, your pets will be looked after within the clinic by our staff to minimize contact. Our clinic will be OPEN but the doors will be LOCKED, with the exception of certain sensitive appointments. How this will work is as follows:
- We ask that all appointments be made ahead by calling or e-mailing for a scheduled appointment as usual.
- Once you arrive at the clinic, we ask that you please call the clinic to let us know that you have arrived. We will go over your concerns with you at this time regarding your pet and relay them to the doctor. Following this, one of our staff members will come to retrieve your pet from your vehicle as soon as we are able.
- The doctor will then examine your pet inside the clinic and then call you to discuss his/her findings and go over recommendations for treatments/diagnostics. We will then deliver your pet back to your vehicle along with any medications or food that you have consented to. All payment will be processed by a valid credit card taken over the phone. We will no longer be accepting cash.
- If you are coming to pick up medications or food only, please call the clinic and our staff will collect payment over the phone with a valid credit card and deliver the products to you in your vehicle. Please allow 4 – 6 business days for delivery as our suppliers are experiencing delays due to high volume orders.
- We ask that you be patient with us as we are learning to navigate through these altered practice settings and will do our best to have your pet taken care of as promptly as possible.
From recommendations of the WHO, we ask if you have travelled outside the country within 14 days and/or experiencing any flu-like symptoms and/or have come in contact within someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, we ask you to please remain quarantined at home and arrange to have a family/friend bring your pet on your behalf. If there are any concerns, please call the clinic to discuss your situation personally with our staff and we will do our best to accommodate you.
As spring approaches, we still need to consider the health of your pet and their exposure to heartworm/ticks/fleas. We are finding ourselves outside more than ever now on walks so it is important to discuss how we will be handling getting your pet started on these important preventatives. Please call our office to schedule an appointment to come pick up your preventatives and to have any necessary parasite screening performed. The above protocols will apply for handling your pet.
We thank you graciously for your continued cooperation during this time and we will be working day to day as a team to ensure everyone’s safety. We will update you as new information arises. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Dr. Todd and the SAH Team
Temporary Hours as of March 24th: